September 25th, 2019
This collaborative event includes 11 stops with fascinating exhibits ranging from topics like photography to education, Appalachia to LGBTQ history. Spanning all three campuses – Downtown, Evansdale and Health Sciences – the Campus Art Crawl will feature exhibits, activities, food, and drink. Participation and admission is free. Hours will differ at some locations.
- “Appalachian Futures,” free cookies from Insomnia, Downtown Campus Library
- “Constructing a Life: A Visual Response to Educated,” Stewart Hall, 2nd Floor Gallery.
- “Picturing West Virginia: Early Photography in the Mountain State, 1840-1915,” and simulated 19th century photography studio, West Virginia & Regional History Center, Downtown Campus Library.
- “Journey through an Addiction” by Ruth Blackwell Rogers, light snacks and refreshments, Serenity Place.
- “Art in LGBTQ+ History,” LGBTQ+ Center
- Elaine McMillion Sheldon’s “Be Still” photo exhibit, Media Innovation Center Evansdale Crossing, 4th floor, 1-4 p.m.
- Filipppo Tagliati and Jay Ryan solo exhibits, Mesaros Galleries, Creative Arts Center.
- Coal Camp Photography exhibit, light refreshments, Royce J. and Caroline B. Watts Museum, Mineral Resources Building.
- “Collective Insight: The Harvey and Jennifer Peyton Collection,” Free buttons!, Peyton Terrace: Live music Tony From Bowling 3:00 – 4:00, The Art Museum of WVU, 12:30-4:30 p.m.
Health Sciences Center
- “Pick Your Poison: Intoxicating Pleasures & Medical Prescriptions,” Health Sciences Center Library.
- “West Virginia Women and Seeing Figuratively: A Series of Prints,” Health Sciences Center Pylons, coffee and cookies available.
- “18th and 19th Century Pharmacy Memorabilia,” Cook-Hayman Pharmacy Museum at the WVU School of Pharmacy, 3-4 p.m.